- For orders in Singapore, please proceed to our store in SHOPEE to make the purchase.
- For large volume orders outside the territory of Singapore, please contact us directly. International shipment is only via sea freight.
Isopropyl alcohol (2-propanol), also known as isopropanol or IPA, is the most common and widely used disinfectant within pharmaceutics, hospitals, cleanrooms, and electronics or medical device manufacturing. Isopropyl Alcohol is an excellent cleaning solvent as it is not toxic.
Why Is 70% the Most Effective Concentration of Isopropyl Alcohol for Disinfection?
The presence of 30% Distilled Water is crucial for moisturizing hands. Together with Isopropyl Alcohol, it destroys and inhibits the growth of pathogenic microorganisms. Water acts as a catalyst and plays a key role in denaturing the proteins of vegetative cell membranes. 70% IPA solutions penetrates the cell completely and coagulates all viruses’ proteins. Hence, the microorganism dies.
FAQ: Does Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) really expire? What is the purpose of the stated expiry date if it does not expire?
Adequately sealed or unopened IPA containers can last for a long period of time as it is generally a very stable chemical. Given ideal storage conditions, the shelf life of IPA is around 3 years from the manufacture date.The stated expiry date on our bottled container serves as a gentle reminder on the best used period of the product should it be improperly stored away.
Why is proper storage of IPA important? Can expired IPA be used?
When exposed to air, the alcohol evaporates faster than the water content. As the alcohol evaporates, water content remains, thus skewing the actual alcohol to water volume and degrades the effectiveness of the product. Expired IPA can still be used if it is stored under ideal conditions. The best storage conditions for IPA is within a hazardous chemical storage area or utility closet, away from light, heat sources, open flames and keeping it tightly sealed.
JosephSan Isopropyl Alcohol (70% Solution) with Distilled Water [4-Pack]
- Boston Round
- Each 100 mL contains 70 mL Isopropyl Alcohol
- Relief Of Prickly Heat
- Insect Bites
- Hygiene Purposes
- After Shave
- General Antiseptic
- For Use In The Hospital Or Sickroom As A Rubdown
- For General Massage Purposes
- Spread and rub over back of your hands and fingertips until dry.
- For external use only
- Do not swallow or use near the eyes
- For children, use under adult supervision
- Keep tightly closed and store at temperatures not exceeding 25℃
Warning: Flammable - Keep Away From Open Flame
Volume: 250 mL Per Bottle
Expiry Date: February 2021
Manufactured By: JosephSan Private Limited
JosephSan own fleet or commercial sea freight services.